Autore Topic: Welcome to VCA Knives  (Letto 12870 volte)

Offline vcaknives

• Boritto
  • VCA Knives
    • VCA Knives
Welcome to VCA Knives
« il: 16 Settembre 2012, 10:54:15 pm »
Thanks for the opportunity to show some of my work at knifemaking.

I produce knives in carbon steel, by forging and stock removal.

My brand "VCA" means "Voss Cutelaria Artesanal" (Voss is the family name of my mother, from Germany).

I like to try new designs, but my passion are Bowie and utility knives, as the knives for bushcraft. But appreciate knives in general, especially its history and ethnography.

I started making knives in 2008, in a totally manual way, and through Internet searches found other Brazilian artisans who dedicated themselves to the craft. I've always been self-taught. I worked for 30 years in the military police in my state, where I recently retired with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. With retirement, I intend to devote myself full-time to knifemaking, it is an exciting activity.

Im from southern Brazil, a state called "Rio Grande do Sul", which has a strong European colonization, especially German and  Italian. I live on a city called "Erechim", at the north of the state.

Today I divide my time between the family, the workshop and my dogs.

I am happy to meet people who have the same passion for knives, the Internet is a great way to meet friends and learn new things.

I hope to share information with the people here in the forum.

Again express my thanks for the welcome and for providing this space.
Best regards

J. A. Voss
Custom knifemaker
Brazil
----
"Se vi mais longe foi por estar de p sobre ombros de gigantes." (Isaac Newton)
----

www.cutelariaartesanal.com.br/blogvca

Offline Mad_Maxx

• Trombaspose
  • ARRRR...Pirates!
Re:Welcome to VCA Knives
« Risposta #1 il: 17 Settembre 2012, 12:08:26 am »
I see some good sheath craft, hope to see more! welcome and thanks for sharing!
maxx
Maxx Schustek

come l'onda travolgo,come lo scoglio infrango. Io sono Mad_Maxx il pirata della laguna - when life gives you lemons, make lemonade
Kiko Knives #7 - Denis Mura #4 - Milko Di Paco #7 - KR edged tools - CRK Knives fan